There are some things you can do to have a more efficient and smoother move.
- Know what items you are keeping and which items will be donated or thrown away.
- Pack first: items used least
- Color code boxes - Color code by placement in the new home
- Dresser - Keep clothes in drawers
- Closest - Keep clothes on hangers
- Have a check list handy to make sure you know what's going with you and what you are getting rid of.
- Keep like items together - Organize your boxes by room/location and keep these boxes together.
Day of Move:
- Keep a clear path in and out of the home - Allow for enough space for big items, like furniture, tables, beds.
by Noe Salazar